Monday 14 April 2014

The Litter

       The Litter
To Norm
It was a lovely sunny day as I was walking home from school. Suddenly, from behind the rustling bushes I heard some little barking noises and scratching sounds. I opened the soggy, whimpering box. I panicked, there was a litter of four abandoned little new born puppies. I went back around to the pathway to see anyone nearby. There was no one around, the streets were silent and deserted. Not a single movement and the wind blew through my face. I ran quickly back to the litter of puppies. I carefully picked up the box full of puppies. As I walked home I walked past the local dairy. I walked in and asked if I could borrow the shopkeepers phone to call my mum. As soon as I said something I got yelled at. Then after she cooled down I apologised and told her about the puppies. She was quite surprised and then after I said I have to go and I will meet you at the vet. After I thanked the shopkeeper and walked outside and stopped to look at one of the puppies, I picked up one of the puppies and looked at the puppies face. The puppy had an ear infection. I ran carefully but quickly to the vet. After the vet looked at the poor puppy, my mum said that we could take them home.                                                         

By Izac Erickson                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment