Wednesday 10 December 2014

The Being that stole my Christmas.

The lights collapsed in front of my frosted window, their green and red beams pierced my eyelids. The reminince of the thump awoken me, I cradle my eyes in my numb hands. “Strange” I say in confusion. I get up and meander to the living room, I opened the door just as a scrawny leg disappeared from the attic door. Santa was my first recognition. More thought into it made me nervous, especially when I saw the naked tree in the corner. Angry, I reach for the attic door to see the Grinch’s silhouette before me, deeply engaged in celebration.

2 comments:

  1. Joseph, I really like your story. It is very descriptive.

    Keep up the good work.

    Tom Smith (Team 100WC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of vivid vocabulary such as scrawny, meander, cradle and many more. You have captured the emotion of the Grinch stealing Christmas!
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete