Monday 10 February 2014

Monday 10th February 1746 Dear diary Today it was very hot there was no wind blowing and there was a clear crystal blue sky but it was actually fun even though I know that I am going to be in this waka for a very long time. I just am overwhelmed that I got chosen to have an experience like this also to be in charge of this waka and guide the followers to where they must go ,and to be sailing around the pacific island in search of a beautiful island to where myself and my tribe will call home. Although I am worried about what kind of food there will and also wondering if there is going to be enough for our journey north. The reason for me leaving is I got selected from Kingi Tuwheromai to find us new land. I am very excited to be on this old piece of smoothly put together wood (the boat). But I am also really worried for my family and how they are going fending for themselves .

1 comment:

  1. Chirah
    Nice to see that you and your class have posted for the new school year. Enjoyed reading your work and those of your students in the 100 word challenge last year, and I enjoyed reading your writing.

    I loved the ending to your writing stating that you worried about your family and how they would be fending for themselves, that made the journey sound more dangerous and also made me think that something else would happen shortly in the story so that created anticipation.

    Mr Webb and Room One, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki.
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete