Monday 21 October 2013

Australia Zoo, MT Tamborine.

In the holidays I went to Austalia.My Aunty my Grandma my brother and I went  to a place called MT Tamborine. There were lots of rainbow lorikeets they were very funnybecause they kept trying to steal our sugar packets and have a bath in our drinks.

I also went to Australia Zoo we saw lots of animals there and I got to hold and pat some.  My favorite Animals were the snakes.

I held a baby aligator and I got to pat a koala. The Aligator was very soft and squishy. the Koalas fur was very hard and not very soft.

We went into the Red Kangroos habitat. We bought some Kangaroo food and feed them. I was worried that the Kangaroo was going to jump up and kick me but they were very sleepy so I  wasnt that scared.
My favorite part of visting the Zoo was holding the Burmese Python. It was cold and heavy and very very smooth. I got a bit scared when it started to wrap its self around me. The Zoo keeper told me to sit up staight to help hold the weight of the snake. It was the greatest 60 seconds of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Shayla
    This is such an amazing post. I was lucky that you were talking about this with me earlier this term so I was waiting to see your writing about it but I am so glad that you shared it with your class and the everyone online.

    Its a brilliant piece of writing that describes what must have been a wonderful trip to Australia, I love seeing the pictures as part of this recount and in particular I was blown away by seeing the pictures of you holding Burmese Python - I don't know how you managed to do that, I think that I wouldn't really know if I would do it or not and I am not scared of snakes - although having seen that picture I am not so sure now. A brilliant piece of writing and a great example of sharing wonderful work.

    Mr Webb and Room Five, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato.
    melvilleroom8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you enjoyed a lot at your Mt. tambourine trip. I conjointly went Mt tambourine last year. It had been wonderful trip. I saw some exciting places over there. Mt tamborine accommodations were very nice.

    ReplyDelete