Wednesday 14 August 2013

Weekend Recount


Weekend recount

It was the last quarter of my netball game when I got punched in the face by my opposition and it felt like they nearly broke my nose. I was needed in the game so i carried on playing. Finally the game was over. I didn’t want to miss Scott’s game. So I quickly ran to the car. It was a quick drive to the Melville high school. Luckily I only missed about 10 minutes. It was 0-0 when I got there. But the scores kept going up and by the time the game had finished Melville was winning 32-0.

1 comment:

  1. Abbie
    I was really challenged by reading your recount about Netball. When I first read the line about the broken nose I thought, well I don't know if it should have been written down (because I was thinking it must have been an accident and no-one would do that on purpose!) but I think that it had a impact on myself reading your writing which I enjoyed - I think that it challenged me to think about the pain, and it was challenging for myself to read it in a good way.

    Great to see that you made it to your brothers game, for the score to go from 0-0 to 32 nil must have been quite a change so it was nice that you got to be part of that.

    Mr Webb, Room Five.

    ReplyDelete