Friday 2 August 2013

Extreme Edge

Extreme Edge
“It’s huge” Jaykib said as we entered Extreme Edge. We had just arrived with the safe and happy club and we were sitting in a huge room waiting for instructions on what to do next. The instructor came in and started telling us how to put your harness on, she also told us that this was the Adult climbing room and that we would be climbing in the kids climbing room on the other side of the building. I was glad because the rock climbing walls looked really hard in here; they went up really high up the wall and then moved onto the roof.
“If you are 12 or older can you please come up and get a black harness” the instructor said to us. A couple of people went up and grabbed a black harness. There weren’t many kids older than 12. “Can the rest of you come up and get a blue or red harness, if they are too big make a line and we will tighten them for you please don’t tighten it yourselves”. I went up and grabbed a small res harness I went and joined the line and waited for my harness to be tightened.
We moved on into another room this room had all these climbing walls they were nothing like the ones in the Adult room. The instructor told us to sit down next to one of the walls she showed us how to hook ourselves in and how to un hook ourselves, “if you let go of the hook before you hook it to the ground come and get one of the Extreme Edge crew and we will get it back down” the instructor told us.
I tried out all of the rock climbing walls but I only made it up five of them. My brother however made it up all of them, so did my friend Emma.  The hardest one out of all the rock climbing walls was the dinosaur’s skeleton; it was the hardest because you really had to think about where you put your hands and feet.
Overall I had a great time and I can’t wait until next holidays.
By Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment