Wednesday 29 May 2013

Hard materials


When I first got into hard materials I thought that we were going to just nail pieces of wood together but actually it was more than that, you actually have to nail in certain places for it to work.

We made our boxes bit by bit, then when we had to nail it all together it was really hard because you could not see through the box. I hoped and prayed that the nail did not end up in the middle of the box. Then, well it came to the most boring bit, sanding, lucky for me Mr Yardley sanded most of it on his automatic sander.

When the box was finished Mr Yardley put some blue velvet into it then we got to do a cool design on it. I drew my design in pencil first then I used the burner and burnt my design to make it stand out .




2 comments:

  1. Chirah
    I really enjoyed reading your detailed account of your wood work project, I though the use of paragraphing was excellent. The other thing that I think was important to say you did well was to include a photograph of your project.
    Mr Webb and Room Five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr Webb and Rm 5 for your feedback :)

      Chirah

      Delete